BrainStorm Cool Tip: Adding a Send/Retrieve Button
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 28 Apr 2005
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Right now, when you can't wait for GroupWise to automatically send and retrieve messages, you have to click the Accounts menu and then click Send/Retrieve. Cut out the extra time-consuming step of finding Send/Retrieve in the pull-down menus by adding a Send/Retrieve button to your toolbar.
Follow the steps below to add a Send/Retrieve button:
- With your main inbox window open, right-click in your bottom "Folder Context" toolbar.
- Select Customize Toolbar.
- In the Toolbar Properties dialog box, click the Customize tab.
- In the Categories box, select Accounts.
- Click the first button listed in the Controls area (the Send/Retrieve button) to see its description.
- In the Description area, check the box to show the button label, or leave it unchecked to display only the button icon.
- Click the Add Button button.
- Click OK.
Add Other Buttons
You can use the same basic steps to add a button to any folder context menu for virtually any function you commonly use. Try adding a button to quickly access the Novell Cool Solutions Web site to check back for more cool tips from BrainStorm. (Follow the steps above, selecting Help instead of Accounts in step 4, and the second button in the Controls area in step 5.)
more BrainStorm cool tips
If you would like more information on how to increase your productivity and utilization of GroupWise, visit BrainStorm online at http://www.brainstorminc.com. BrainStorm, Inc. is Novell's End-User Training Partner.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com