BrainStorm Cool Tip: Managing Your Mailbox Size
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 12 May 2005
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Running out of mailbox space when you know it's because of just a few gigantic messages can be frustrating, especially when you can't find those messages. Before you search your entire mailbox for those few big items, check out this week's tip and learn to manage your mailbox according to message size.
Follow the steps below to manage your mailbox size:
- From the Tools menu, select Check Mailbox Size.
- In the View area of the Mailbox Storage Size window that appears, select a type of item to view. You can choose to look at your trash items, your sent items, your retrieved items, or your drafted/posted items.
- Click the Size column header to sort the displayed messages according to size.
- Click a message to select it.
- Click either the Archive or Delete button to remove the item. (You cannot archive an item in the trash.)
- If you have not set up your archiving folder, you may be prompted to choose a location for your archive. Click the folder icon to browse the folders on your computer and add an archive folder.
- When you choose to delete an item, a warning message will appear and ask if you wish to continue. Click Yes.
- Repeat steps 4-7 until your mailbox is a manageable size.
Periodically cleaning and managing your mailbox size will assure you receive and can send all your messages. It's also a great thing to do before you try out the GroupWise 7 beta, which at BrainStorm we'll be doing next week. Check back in two weeks for the first GroupWise 7 BrainStorm Cool Tip!
more BrainStorm cool tips
If you would like more information on how to increase your productivity and utilization of GroupWise, visit BrainStorm online at http://www.brainstorminc.com. BrainStorm, Inc. is Novell's End-User Training Partner.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com