Forcing Outgoing Email Address For Some Users
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Kiril Stankov
Digg This -
Posted: 9 Jun 2005
In some cases, you may need to force a special internet domain format for one or more of your users.
For example: email@example.com.
Thus, people will know where Jack works and its clear they must take this email seriously! :)
- First make sure that the domain legal.myrog.com is resolved DNS to your GWIA or email gateway. You will need an MX record for this domain, pointing to a valid SMTP agent, like GWIA.
- Next, add this domain to the GroupWise system:
- Start ConsoleOne
- Select your GroupWise System
- From the Tools menu select System Operations > Internet Addressing
- Add the domain to the list of recognized internet domains
- Apply changes
- Now go back to GroupWise View and select Jack's user's object. Right click and select Properties
- On the GroupWise tab, select Internet Addressing.
- Go to the third checkbox - Internet Domain Name - and select the specific domain (in this case: legal.myorg.com)
- If you want to block email sent to Jack@myorg.com, instead of Jack@legal.myorg.com, select the box 'For incoming mail, ...'
- You're done. To speed up the propagation of the change, SYNCHRONIZE the user's object.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com