BrainStorm Cool Tip: Printing Calendars
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 23 Jun 2005
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Although GroupWise makes it easy to electronically manage your calendar, there may be times when you can't get to a computer but still need to know your schedule. Whether you need your GroupWise calendar in this situation, while you're on the road, or you just like having a tangible paper calendar with you, GroupWise can print your calendar in the format you need. Completely customizable options, sizes, and calendar views will help you create a calendar tailored to you.
Follow the steps below to easily print a customized calendar:
- Click the Print Calendar icon on the toolbar or select File | Print Calendar.
- In the Format area, select the format you want to print. Day, Week, or Month will print the number of days, weeks, or months you specify. List will print your tasks or notes, and Multi-User will allow you to print calendars for which you have proxy rights (see "To see other users" below).
- In the Available forms area, select the type of form you wish to print. A sample of the selected form will show in the Selected form area. Available forms include simple text calendars, organizers, Franklin Calendar forms (complete with hole-punch guides), and many more.
- In the Form size area, select the size for your calendar. You can choose from standard sizes, create your own custom size, or choose from popular Franklin sizes that will fit in your Franklin day planner.
- In the Form orientation area, choose to print your calendar as portrait or landscape.
- Click the Content tab.
- Enter a starting date and the number of days, weeks, or months you want to display. The options on the Content tab change with your selected form on the Form tab.
- In the Content area, check the boxes next to the content you wish to include.
- To customize the font for your calendar, click the Font button.
- In the Display area, choose to display weekend days, private calendar items, or completed tasks.
- Click the Options tab.
- Type a header for the Calendar in the Header field.
- In the Footer area, check the boxes you want to include in the calendar footer.
- In the Print items area, choose whether to print all items or only those selected.
- Choose other printing options in the Options area.
- Click the Preview button to see what your calendar will look like with the options you chose.
- Click Close and make any necessary changes in the Print Calendar dialog.
- Click Print.
To see other users
After you print your personal calendar, try printing a Multi-User calendar. This is an easy way to post work schedules or just see your schedule next to someone else's. To set up which users you print, select Multi-User in step 2 above, click the SetUp button and check the users you want to view from your Proxy list. You can also select how many proxies you want to view per page. Click OK and follow the rest of the steps above.
more BrainStorm cool tips
If you would like more information on how to increase your productivity and utilization of GroupWise, visit BrainStorm online at http://www.brainstorminc.com. BrainStorm, Inc. is Novell's End-User Training Partner.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com