Solving Zone Problems in DNS
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Andrew Barnett
Digg This -
Posted: 7 Jul 2005
I was setting up several new DNS servers. Whenever I would load named.nlm, the following errors would occur:
error zone x.x.IN-ADDR.ARPA/IN: has no NS record
error: zone x.x.IN-ADDR.ARPA/IN: zone is not loaded bad zone.
I was unable to find a TID on this problem.
Here are the steps I followed to solve the problem:
- Unload NAMED.NLM on the server.
- Go to the DNS/DHCP Console and delete the NS record for the zone in question (this is usually the "@" sign under the zone).
- Select Create New Resource Record.
- Select NS.
- Enter the first DNS server in the DNS Server Domain Name box.
- Click Create.
- Select the resource record and repeat, adding the remaining DNS servers.
- Load NAMED.NLM again and the error no longer occurs.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com