How to Setup an NFS Export on your Linux Desktop
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Joe Harmon
Digg This -
Posted: 2 Feb 2005
- Now that the package is installed we will need to access Yast2 and go to NETWORK SERVICES | NFS SERVER.
- You will be asked if you want to start the NFS server. The "Start NFS Server" should be selected by default. Click Next to continue.
- Now you will be asked which directory you want to setup as an NFS export.
- Click on the ADD button. Browse out to the desired directory and then click OK.
- You will be prompted for the access control that you want. For this example we will just keep the defaults.
- Now the exported directory can be accessed as an NFS export. What is nice about this is you can mount ISO's into directories and then use this solution as a network install for Novell SUSE Linux products.