Enabling Telnet service in NetWare 5.1
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Leo Maturan
Digg This -
Posted: 14 Jul 2005
When you are trying to Telnet(Win32) the NetWare 5.1, it may give you this error:
Host Name: 192.168.1.1
Note: 192.168.1.1 (is your Private IP address)
Here are the steps that you must follow in the server console to enable the Telnet service in the server:
- Type load inetcfg.nlm at the console.
- When loaded choose Manage Configuration.
- Then choose Configure Remote Console Access.
- Enable the Remote Console Access.
- Type your password in the password area.
- In the TELNET CONNECTION make sure it is enabled.
- Then Esc (when prompted, save changes), and Esc again.
- Choose Reinitialize System.
- TRY CONNECTING AGAIN
NOTE: If the error occurs again and you can't connect, follow the procedure below:
- In the console, type load rspx.nlm and press Enter. It will ask for a new password. Type your new password and press Enter.
- Type load xconssrv.nlm and press Enter.
- Type load remote.nlm and press Enter.
- When you use telnet the term type: vt100
NOW TRY IT AGAIN; THIS SHOULD NOW WORK.
If you have any questions you may contact Leo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com