BrainStorm Cool Tip: Simplifying the Folder List in GroupWise 7
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 21 Jul 2005
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We at BrainStorm are busy preparing for the launch of GroupWise 7. This week's tip will give you a sneak peek into our GroupWise 7 materials and help you get started customizing your GroupWise 7 interface.
The way you navigate among your folders and items in GroupWise 7 has changed to make finding items easier and more intuitive. One of the ways to make navigation easier in GroupWise 7 is to simplify your folder list to show only your cabinet.
Follow the steps below to view and simplify your folder list:
- To view your folder list, if it isn't already displayed, click the Folder List icon in the top right-hand corner of the GroupWise window.
- The folder list will display at the left of your GroupWise window.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to your status figure and select Simple Folder List.
- To view the full folder list again, click the same drop-down arrow and select Full Folder List.
You can make your simplified folder list appear by default by following the steps below:
- From the menu bar, select Tools | Options.
- Double-click the Environment icon.
- Click the Appearance tab.
- Check the Display Folder List box to always display your folder list when you open GroupWise.
- Choose Simple Folder List to display the simple folder list by default or Full Folder List to display the full folder list by default.
- Click OK.
- Click Close.
Giving you the option to simplify your folder list by showing only your cabinet is just one of the ways GroupWise 7 makes collaborating even easier. Check back in two weeks for another BrainStorm Cool Tip on customizing GroupWise 7.
more BrainStorm cool tips
If you would like more information on how to increase your productivity and utilization of GroupWise, visit BrainStorm online at http://www.brainstorminc.com. BrainStorm, Inc. is Novell's End-User Training Partner.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com