BrainStorm Cool Tip: Adding Custom Home View Panels
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Updated: 29 Sep 2005
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adding Custom Home View Panels
In addition to the pre-defined panels you can add to your Home View, you can also create custom panels that point to any folder you've created. You may want to create a custom panel that shows the unread messages in a folder you've created to receive all the e-mails from your boss, or you may want to create a panel that points to a specific address book. You can choose to filter custom panels and to view them with several different options.
Follow the steps below to create and add a custom panel to your Home View:
- Click the arrow at the right of any current panel header.
- Select Add Panel from the menu that appears.
- Click New Panel.
- Type a name for the new panel.
- Select a folder you want the panel to point to by clicking the Change Folder button.
- Select a folder and click OK.
- Click the More Display Settings button to choose options on how the panel will display the items in the selected folder, and click OK.
- Click the Filter button to filter your items according to the criteria you specify, and click OK.
- Click OK to exit the Create Panel dialog.
- In the Add Panel dialog, select the panel you just created and click Add.
(Click the play button below to see a flash demonstration of this tip.)
more BrainStorm cool tips
If you would like more information on how to increase your productivity and utilization of GroupWise, visit BrainStorm online at http://www.brainstorminc.com. BrainStorm, Inc. is Novell's End-User Training Partner.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com