Selection Missing from Installation CD (SUSE Linux 9.1 Personal)
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 19 Jul 2004
Here's a problem you may run into when you try to use the following functions included in the Installation CD:
- Repair Installed System
- Boot Installed System
Due to a bug in the installation script, this selection is skipped and the "Mode" cannot be switched. Here's what you do:
- Boot your PC with the "Installation CD" of SUSE Linux 9.1 Personal.
- Select your language by pressing [F4] in the first selection dialog.
- Use the scroll keys [UpArrow] and [DownArrow] to select the entry "Installation" from the available options. (If the support desk at SUSE Linux AG has recommended you use a different option, choose it instead.) Do not confirm this selection with Enter yet!
- Type the parameter "suse_update". This input is displayed on the screen in the "Boot Options" section.
- If necessary, use the key [F2] to adjust the screen resolution to the specifications.
- Confirm the performed installation settings with Enter.
- Following a system check and the preparation of an installation proposal, you will be able to select the above-mentioned functions.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com