Configuring Client 4.91(SP1) For Easy to Use C2S VPN
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Thomas Schoppe
Digg This -
Posted: 27 Oct 2005
When we are implementing C2S VPNs for our customers, we often get this question: "How can we simply do a switch from VPN to inside usage and back."
So we looked into this and have found a solution:
- Install NetWare Client 4.91SP1
- Install BorderManager 3.8 Version 10 (3.8.10)
- Place your PC in the DNS-Context of your local Network: Network Properties, TCP/IP, Advanced, DNS, DNS-Suffix for this Connection: "acme.local".
"acme.local" is the DNS-Context of your local Network at the Office. This has to be set, because the VPN-Sever pushes the Server Address but not the context.
- Configure your VPN-Server's C2S configuration as usual. Do not forget to set the DNS-Server and SLP-Server at the C2S Config.
Now we start to configure the Client:
- Right Mouse click on the red N.
- Choose Novell Client Properties
- Choose Location Profile Tab
- Type in a Profile name "acme-vpn" and click ADD
- In the new Window "Properties of Location Profile: acme-vpn" go to the "Service Copy" field and enter a new name for this copy "acme-vpn-service"
- Click on the ADD button which is now active.
- Fill out every field in all the tabs as your settings will need.
- Activate "Save Profile after successful login" in the headline.
- If you have more than one vpn location, just repeat these steps.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com