HowTo: Disable CTRL+ALT+DEL in Novell Linux Desktop
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By D A Umesh
Digg This -
Posted: 3 Nov 2005
PROBLEM: Disable CTRL+ALT+DEL in Novell Linux Desktop
- Open a terminal window.
- Run "/opt/gnome/bin/gconf-editor" (without quotes).
- In case you have not logged in as root, enter the root password at the prompt.
- Go to GLOBAL_KEYBINDINGS.
- On the right hand side of the window Select "logout".
- Type in the key sequence that you prefer (Note: Follow the "Long Description" in "Key Documentation" area at the bottom of the window)
You should now be set. When you press CTRL+ALT+DEL, it should be sent to the remote machine.
Note: This should also work for Gnome users on SUSE Linux.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com