BrainStorm Cool Tip: Searching Message Attachments
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 13 Dec 2005
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you use GroupWise more effectively. If you have a tip suggestion, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you know you received an attachment that contains important information for your current project, but you can't remember who sent it to you or what the message itself contained, you can use GroupWise to search the contents of your attachments, not just the attachment list. Follow the steps below to simply search the contents of your message attachments.
- Select Tools | Find or click the Find button (looks like a magnifying glass) on your GroupWise main toolbar.
- Click the Find tab.
- Make sure the first text box is labeled Full Text.
- Enter the text from your attachment you'd like to search for.
- Select any other criteria to further narrow your search.
- Click OK.
- Double-click the correct message when it appears in the Find Results window.
(Click the play button below to see a flash demonstration of this tip.)
If you want to make sure GroupWise searches only the attachment text, click the Advanced Find button at the bottom of the Find window then select Attachments as the first field. You can then search for attachments that either contain or do not contain the content you are searching for.
more BrainStorm cool tips
For GroupWise Training solutions and to find out more about how to increase your GroupWise productivity, visit BrainStorm, Inc., the Novell Authorized End User Training Partner.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com