Installing iManager 2.6: Windows server with IIS / GroupWise 7 WebAccess
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Jeff Crow
Digg This -
Updated: 21 Dec 2005
Update - Sample reg file included
Below are instructions for installing iManager 2.6 correctly, courtesy of Jeff Crow.
1. Install iManager 2.6 on the Windows Server.Notice that at the end of the install, an alert tells you that the install was unable to start Tomcat.
2. Click OK to finish the installation.
3. Determine where GroupWise 7 WebAccess is installed. By default it is in the <root drive>\Novell folder.
4. In the root install folder is a sub-folder named "connector" and one named "tomcat5.5". Move the connector\webapps folder to the tomcat5.5 folder.
You will get a message indicating that the tomcat5.5 folder already contains a folder named webapps and that proceeding will cause existing files to be replaced.
5. Click "Yes to all" and proceed. All of the files will be moved.
Note: You will want to save a backup copy of the original registry before you replace it with the one provided. To do so,
6. Export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\Tomcat5\Parameters\Java and save it on your local machine in case you need to restore your system registry.
Next, you need to modify the Windows registry to add the correct java library path, as follows:
7. If you used the default install path for WebAccess, i.e., c:\Novell, then you should be able to merge the attached GW7-iManager.reg file to your registry to make the change (double click or right mouse and choose merge). Otherwise, you'll need to manually edit the registry.
8. (Optional) If you cannot use the attached GW7-iManager.reg file on your system, then you will need to manually modify the Windows registry. This is relatively simple with Windows 2003 and fairly difficult with the Windows 2000 registry editor since all values must be entered in hexadecimal with that Windows version. Modify the registry as follows:
Go to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\Tomcat5\Parameters\Java
Under the existing Options value add:
9. Edit the file "<install folder>\connector\conf\uriworkermap.properties using wordpad.exe and append the following lines to the end of the file:
10. Go to the Control Panel->Administrative Services->Services dialog to stop and restart Tomcat5.5.
11. Bring up a browser and type in the URL for iManager, e.g., <IP Address>/nps/iManager.html.
12. Log in to iManager by filling out the required information. iManager should now come up and run correctly.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com