Automatically Moving Mail to a Cabinet
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Sharad Sharma
Digg This -
Posted: 31 Jan 2006
You need the ability to redirect specific e-mails to your Personal Folders.
Set up a rule to automatically put mail in a Cabinet folder. You can set a rule to put the incoming mail to be automatically directed to a cabinet folder instead of your inbox. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Create a new folder under your "Cabinet" for the redirected mail. Name it something like "Personal Mail".
2. Go to Tools --> Rules --> New.
3. In the dialog box, give the rule a name - for example, "Personal Mail".
When event is "New Item" and items are RECEIVED Item Type is MAIL (or APPOINTMENT or TASK)
4. Define Conditions: Using the dropdown arrow, choose "From" and then "From contains", then type the sender's name (Friend's Name) and click OK.
5. Choose Action: "ADD ACTION" and then choose "Move to Folder".
6. Click the "+" by your Cabinet to see the Personal Mail folder, then check the box next to the folder you want the mail to move to.
7. Click Move (at the right).
8. Click Save to finish.
Now, according to this rule, whenever your Friend (defined by Sender's Name property field) sends you an e-mail it will be automatically redirected to you Personal Mail folder instead of your inbox.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com