BrainStorm Cool Tip: Easily Adding Startup Programs
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 6 Feb 2006
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Easily Adding Startup Programs
You can easily make any program begin when you startup your GNOME desktop by following these steps:
- From the System menu, select Personal Settings.
- Double-click the Sessions icon in the System Settings area.
- Click the Startup Programs tab.
- Click Add.
- Enter the program's Startup command, or Browse for the startup file.
- Use the Order spin box to set the order in which the program will start up or leave the setting at 50 for the application to start after all essential applications.
- Click OK.
- Click Close.
- The program will automatically start the next time you log into your GNOME desktop.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com