Taskbar Buttons Showing for Applications in Current Desktop Only
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Shem Valentine
Digg This -
Posted: 15 Feb 2006
PROBLEM: When I first started running linux I was fascinated by the multiple workspaces/desktops. The main reason being that I'm a multitasker, and thought multiple workspaces would provide me with the ability to keep my desktop clean. I was sorely dissapointed to find out that windows opened on other workspaces remained in the taskbar on all workspaces.
SOLUTION: This is a fairly simple fix.
1) Right-click the taskbar (kpanel) and select "Configure Panel..." [This will open a new window Entitled "Configure - KDE Panel"]
2) In the menu on the left select "Taskbar"
3) Deselect "Show windows from all desktops"
4) Apply and OK to exit
1) Right-click the taskbar handle (Window List) at the very bottom left of the screen (provided it's still in the default position) and select "Properties..." [This will open a new window titled "Window List Preferences"]
2) Check the radio button "Show windows from current workspace"
3) Close to apply settings and exit
That's it. You're now ready to enjoy an uncluttered desktop.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com