Printer Error "Gateway Other Problem"
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Louis Bernardo
Digg This -
Posted: 16 Feb 2006
After creating a printer agent, the error "Gateway other problem" is on the manager screen. This is caused mostly by the gateway load string on printers with a single RAW based NIC as it specifies the port 9100.
- Make sure you have iManager 2.5 with the iPrint Snapins.
- Go to "Manage Printer" in iManager
- Select the printer that is giving the problem
- Go to the Gateway settings
- Note that even though the printer has only a network interface directly from the machine there is still a port specified. Like "NDPSGW PORT=RAW HOSTADDRESS=10.0.0.10:9100"
- Remove the ":9100", apply changes, shutdown and startup agent.
This should resolve the problem for most people.
NetWare 6.5 Service Pack 4 also noted in forums. Same problem on NetWare 6.5 SP2 and SP3.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com