Clearing Out Large File Attachments
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Karmyn Babcock
Digg This -
Posted: 28 Feb 2006
Users with massive cleanup needs are having a hard time locating large file attachments (and no system enforced cleanup policy exists).
Create a find results folder in the GW Cabinet called "Bigger than 10MB" (or whatever your size requirement) so users can easily see all their oversized e-mails and clean them up efficiently.
1. Right-click the cabinet and select New Folder.
2. Highlight the Custom Find results folder dialog and click Next.
3. Name the folder as appropriate - "Bigger than XMB" - and click Next.
4. Using the "Advanced Find" option, specify the Size option as greater than or equal to 10,000,000 (or your given parameter), remembering that this measure is in bytes.
5. Click OK, then click Next.
6. Click Finish.
A new folder will appear in the cabinet with a listing of large e-mails per the entered size parameter.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com