Making your Checklist Available in Most Folders
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Anita K. Moore
Digg This -
Posted: 7 Mar 2006
The checklist does not have the same contents when working from different folders.
A: Turn on the Checklist option for the Mailbox.
- Right-click the Mailbox.
- Select Properties.
- Click the Display tab in the Mailbox Properties dialog.
- In the View By dropdown list, select Checklist.
- Click OK.
- In the Display Settings Save As, type a name for the settings in the Display Settings Name text box. Optionally, you can enter a description into the Display Settings Description (used as the tooltip) section.
- Click OK to save the settings.
B. Create the rule to link the Checklist folder to the Mailbox.
- In the Tools menu, select Rules.
- In the Rules dialog box, select New.
- In the New Rule dialog box, type a name for the rule in the Rule Name area.
- In the When Event Is area, change New Item to Filed Item.
- In the Select Folder area, select the Checklist folder.
- In the If Conditions Are section, select all that apply or leave the selection blank to act on all items.
- Click Define Conditions.
- In the Define Conditions Filter dialog box, click the field drop-down box and select All Fields.
- From the All Filter Fields dialog box, select Item Source and click OK.
- In the pop-up list box, select Equal To.
- In the drop down box, select Received.
- In the last pop-up box, ensure that End is selected and click Ok. The Define Conditions should indicate a statement that is similar to the following: Act on items where Item Source is Received.
- In the Then Actions Are section, click on the Add Action button and select Link To Folder.
- Check the Mailbox check box.
- Click Link.
- Click Save, then click Close to save the rule and exit from the Rules dialog.
- Drag the items that you need view on the checklist to the Checklist Folder.
C: View Comprehensive Checklists (optional)
Note: If you work from several different folders, you may also view your comprehensive checklists in these folders as well. To implement this feature, you will need to do the following:
1. Turn on the Checklist option for the desired folder by using the first set of instructions and replacing the Mailbox folder with the folder of your choice.
2. Edit the existing rule by adding additional links to the desired folders.
a. Go to the Tools menu, select Rules.
b. In the Rule dialog box, click on your checklist rule, click on Edit.
c. In the second set of instructions, follow steps 13-16 to link to your desired folder to the checklist folder.
Note: The desired linked folder will only show checklist items that are added to the checklist folder after the link is created. To show existing items, they will need to be taken out of the checklist folder and put back in. Or, the additional folders would need to be linked at the same time as the original folder (i.e., Mailbox) is linked to the Checklist folder.
This solution was tested in an environment with GroupWise 6.5.3 and GroupWise 7.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com