BrainStorm Cool Tip: Automatically Assign Categories
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 28 Mar 2006
From folders to filtering, GroupWise 7 gives you several options to organize your messages and appointments. Assigning your items to categories is one more way to sift through a mountain of messages, but manually assigning each message to a category can get a little tedious.
One of the ways you may want to categorize your items is by assigning messages that come from people outside your GroupWise system to a certain category. Here's how to create a rule to do it for you.
- Select Tools | Rules.
- Click New.
- Name the rule appropriately.
- Next to the New Item button, check Received.
- Click the types of items you'd like to automatically categorize.
- Click Define Conditions.
- From the first drop-down menu, select All Fields.
- Select View Name.
- Leave the middle menu set at contains ().
- In the second box, type "Internet".
- Click OK.
- Click Add Action.
- Select Category.
- In the New Category box, type a description of your category.
- Click Add.
- Click Edit Color.
- Assign a color to your new category.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
- Click Close.
Now, each time you receive new items from outside your system, they will automatically fall in your new category.
(Click the play button below to see a flash demonstration of this tip.)
You may also want to create a similar rule that would assign all items from your supervisor as Urgent or Follow-Up. When you define the conditions, just choose From from the first drop-down menu and type your supervisor's name in the second box.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com