BrainStorm Cool Tip: Sharing Calendars
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 18 Apr 2006
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to share due dates for a project with your project team without publishing your whole calendar? The new GroupWise 7 multiple calendar feature makes it easy. Here's how:
- Create a calendar for all your project's due dates. (See BrainStorm's earlier Cool Tip "Creating Multiple Calendars.")
- Right-click the newly-created multiple calendar and select Sharing . . . from the menu .
- Select the "Shared with" option.
- Either type in the names of the colleagues you want to share the calendar with or click the Address Selector button to select them from your address books.
- Click on the names you selected in the Share list and select the permissions levels for each person.
- Click OK.
- Type a message for the Shared Folder Notification, if desired.
- Click OK.
(Click the following link and the resulting Play button to see a flash demonstration of this tip ...)http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/assets/sharecalendar2.swf
Note: When your colleagues accept the shared calendar, it will show up just like any other shared folder in their folder lists. It will not appear under their calendars or as a color-coded multiple calendar. But, when they view the folder, it is displayed as a calendar.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com