Upgrading Tomcat 5.0.19 to Latest Version
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Rodney Crossman
Digg This -
Posted: 20 Apr 2006
How to upgradeTomcat 5.0.19 to an up to date version from the Apache Tomcat site.
This solution assumes that you are actually using the Tomcat 5.0.19 that Novell provided for NetWare 6.5 but never put into use.
- First, shutdown your Tomcat via tc5stop.
- Then make a backup of your sys:/tomcat/5 directory with all its subdirs and files.
- Go to http://tomcat.apache.org/download-55.cgi and grab the latest core release zip for Tomcat 5.0.x. Uncompress this locally to a location of your choice. In this directory find and delete the 'conf' folder as we will use the config from the existing Tomcat 5.0.19.
- Copy and overwrite the files/folders in your sys:/tomcat/5 directory with the files and folders from the local directory you just uncompressed.
- Type Tomcat5 on your server and voila, you should be running the newer version of Tomcat 5.0 that you downloaded instead of the old version Novell provided.
Tested on NetWare 6.5 SP5
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com