BrainStorm Cool Tip: All-Day Events
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 2 May 2006
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a conference, vacation, or just a day off coming up, you don't need to take the time to book a full-day appointment for each day you'll be gone. In GroupWise 7 you can now schedule all-day or multiple-day events by just checking a box. Here's how:
1. Click the New Appointment button to open a new appointment window.
2. Insert recipient names and a place.
3. Click the calendar icon in the Start date box to select the beginning date of the event.
4. Check the All Day Event box.
5. Click the calendar icon in the End date box to select the ending date of the event.
6. By default, All-Day Events show that your schedule is Free. To block out the event so you will not be available for other appointments, click the Free button and choose Busy.
7. Enter an event subject.
8. Enter a note or message about the appointment.
9. Click Send or Post. The all-day event will appear at the top of the day view of your calendar.
(Click the play button below to see a flash demonstration of this tip.)
Note: All-day events are marked with up and down arrows to show that the event lasts all day.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com