Listing Gateway Aliases
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Bob Jonkman
Digg This -
Posted: 20 Jun 2006
An administrator wants to know what Gateway Aliases exist in her GroupWise system.
You can get a list of Gateway Aliases three ways:
1. Open the Gateway Properties window.
2. Click the GroupWise tab, then the Gateway Alias item.
3. Copy and paste the list to a spreadsheet.
Also from ConsoleOne:
1. Highlight a domain
2. Select from the Tools > Diagnostics > Record Enumerations.
3. Select "Gateway aliases by Alias" (or "Gateway Aliases by Domain", or "Gateway Aliases by User").
4. Copy and paste the list to a spreadsheet.
From the API gateway:
1. Submit a -GET-DIRECTORY- command.
2. To extract just the aliases, run the output through GWCONV.EXE, which will produce an ALIAS.CSV file, suitable for importing into a spreadsheet.
GWCONV is at:
The ConsoleOne solution works with the GroupWise 6.5 snap-ins, and probably the GW 7.x snap-ins, too. I don't know about earlier versions. The API solution requires the installation of the GroupWise API Gateway, naturally.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com