Adding a Favorite Application in SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 20 Jun 2006
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing email@example.com.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 uses a desktop menu to help you launch applications. This menu has three sections: Favorite Applications, Recently Used Applications, and Recent Documents. Because the default favorite applications may not be your favorites, here's how to add and remove applications from this section of the menu.
To add a favorite application:
- Click the Computer menu.
- Cick More Applications.
- Browse to the application you want to add in the Application Browser.
- Right-click the application, and select Add to Favorites.
- Click the Computer menu to see your application in the list of favorites.
To remove an application from the favorites menu:
- From the Favorite Applications menu, right-click the application you wish to remove.
- Select Remove from Favorites.
To see a flash demonstration of this tip, click the play button below.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com