BrainStorm Cool Tip: Get Notified
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 27 Jun 2006
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
First, you need to make sure Notify (the part of GroupWise that alerts you when you get a message) is activated. Here?s how:1. Select Tools | Options.
2. Double-click Environment.
3. Click the General tab.
4. In the checklist on the right, check Launch Notify at startup.
5. Click OK and Close.
6. Close GroupWise.
7. Restart GroupWise.
Once you launch Notify, you can change its settings to notify you of when items change status, when you receive items in any other folders besides your mailbox, or to notify you when someone else you have proxy rights for gets a message.
To change Notify settings:
1. Right-click the Notify icon in the Windows taskbar.
2. Select Options.
3. From the General tab, choose how often you want to check for mail, how long to show the Notify dialog box, and the folders you want Notify to check for new items to Notify you. (To get notifications for your calendar items, you do not need to select the Calendar folder. You will be notified of all meetings that have alarms set.)
4. From the Notify tab, choose the way you wish to be notified. You can choose different settings for each GroupWise item type.
5. From the Alarms tab, choose the settings for each of your alarms.
6. From the Return Status tab, choose the setting for the item status of each item type. From here you can choose to launch an alarm when items are opened, accepted, completed or deleted.
1. From the GroupWise menu bar, select Tools | Options.
2. Double-click Security.
3. Click the Notify tab.
4. Choose a contact you have proxy rights for from the list OR click the Address Selector to choose a contact.
5. Check the boxes to subscribe to alarms and/or notifications. (The person giving you proxy rights must also give you permission to subscribe to his or her alarms and notifications.)
Note: By default, your own Notify options are marked to subscribe. If you uncheck these boxes, you will not receive notifications even if Notify is running.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com