Solving Password Change Issues with GMS
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Royce L. Robinson
Digg This -
Posted: 29 Aug 2006
What happens when I'm forced to change my Novell ID/GroupWise password? I can't seem to get email, contacts, calendar, etc., to synchronize! There are issues with GroupWise Mobile Server and eDirectory Password changes when GroupWise password and eDirectory passwords are synchronized.
Here are the steps for the user to follow to synchronize:
1. Sign on to the http://GWMobile.server.xxx.
2. Go to Setup > Account > Server Connections.
3. Click the Novell GroupWise (user name) link.
4. Enter the new Novell eDirectory password.
5. Perform a test - a message that "access to GroupWise mailbox verified" should be displayed.
6. Retry a synch on the PDA (e.g., TREO 650) device.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com