Using sudo with LUM-enabled eDirectory Users
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Marc Bitner
Digg This -
Posted: 13 Sep 2006
We need a way to use sudo with eDirectory users who are LUM-enabled.
1. Create the eDirectory Group.
2. LUM-enable it and the users contained in the Group.
3. Copy /etc/pam.d/sudo to /etc/pam.d/sudo_old
4. Copy /etc/pam.d/pam_nam_sample to /etc/pam.d/sudo
5. Modify /etc/pam.d/sudo and change 'sufficient' to 'required' (all instances - not a requirement).
6. Modify /etc/sudoers (using visudo) and add the eDir Group we initially created.
The eDirectory group we created was gSUSEAdmin. We added the following below the line that reads "#%wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL"
%gSUSEAdmin ALL=(ALL) ALL
Note: Special thanks to Brent Griggs for his help with this ...
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com