BrainStorm Cool Tip: Cropping Graphics in OpenOffice.org 2.0 Writer
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 28 Sep 2006
Cropping Graphics in OpenOffice.org 2.0 Writer
You don't need a separate graphics program to crop the images you place in your OpenOffice.org 2.0 Writer documents. Here's a tip that shows how to crop them directly in your document.
- Insert an image in your document by selecting Insert | Picture | From File.
- Select the image.
- Right-click anywhere on the image and select Picture from the menu that results.
- Click the Crop tab.
- To keep the image size, select Keep Scale.
- Change the values in the Left, Right, Top, and Bottom boxes to crop your image as you want it to appear.
- The black box in the preview window will show you where your image is being cropped.
- Click OK to accept the crop.
- To reverse the crop, follow steps 2-5 above and change the values in the Left, Right, Top, and Bottom boxes back to 0.
To see a flash demonstration of this tip, click the play button below.
You can get more OpenOffice.org 2.0 Writer tips and tricks when you order BrainStorm's new OpenOffice.org 2.0 Writer Computer-Based Training. This Web- and Flash-based training system will work on any browser or platform and includes over six hours of instructor-led training topics. The Computer-Based Training is also completely searchable and includes pre-defined courses according to the level of training you need. For more information or to see a demonstration, contact BrainStorm, Inc.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com