BrainStorm Cool Tip: Creating a Contacts Home View Panel
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 24 Oct 2006
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instead of switching to the Contacts folder or Address Book in GroupWise, you can see the people you need to contact right in your Home View. Here's how:
1. Click the Modify Panel Settings arrow in the top right-hand corner of any of your existing Home View panels.
2. Select Add Panel.
3. Click New Panel.
4. Name the New Panel appropriately (e.g. Contacts).
5. Select Selected Address Book.
6. Choose the address book you want to view from the drop down list.
7. Under Choose Display Settings, select Details.
8. Click OK.
9. Click Add.
10. Drag and drop the panel to the Home View position you desire.
You can further customize your address book panel by filtering for specific contacts, or you can create another address book panel that points to a different address book.
(Click the play button below to see a flash demonstration of this tip.)
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com