BrainStorm Cool Tip: Nautilus Shortcut Keys
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 26 Oct 2006
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Nautilus Shortcut Keys
The ALT key can add some easy file navigation tricks in SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10. Here's what ALT can do.
- Click My Computer.
- Under Favorite Applications, select Nautilus file browser.
- Press ALT + left arrow key to browse through files and folders to the left.
- Press ALT + right arrow key to browse through files and folder to the right.
- Press ALT + up to move to the parent folder one level above.
- Press ALT + down to open the file or folder you've selected.
To see a flash demonstration of this tip, click the play button below.
For more Web- and Flash-based instructor-led tutorials on how to use SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop features, check out the SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 Computer-Based Training from BrainStorm, Inc.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com