BrainStorm Cool Tip: Search Once, Find a Thousand Times
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 14 Nov 2006
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing email@example.com.
If you often search for the same type of item in your GroupWise folders, you can make that search permanent by creating a "find results" folder. All you have to do is perform the initial search; GroupWise will do the rest.
Perform a GroupWise Search
1. Select Tools | Find or click the Find button on your GroupWise toolbar.
2. Enter the search criteria on the Find tab.
3. Click OK.
Create a Find Results Folder to Save Your Search Results
1. In the Find Results window, select File | Save As Folder.
2. Name and place the folder appropriately.
3. Check Find new matching items each time the folder is opened to renew your search results.
4. Click Finish.
5. Close the Find Results window.
GroupWise 7 can make your Find Results folder even more useful. You can use your Find Results folder to find attachments you misplaced, or you can create a panel based on your Find Results folder to quickly see the items you need.
(Click the play button below to see a flash demonstration of this tip.)
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com