Getting E-Mail Notifications from Proxy Users
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Dave Simons
Digg This -
Posted: 28 Nov 2006
If you have a Proxy user in GroupWise, and you'd like to get a notification when the Proxy user has received an e-mail, you have to do something more that just add the user to your proxy user list.
Here's what you need to do:
1. In your mailbox (or the mailbox of the user who has the proxy user), go to Tools > Options > Security.
Figure 1 - Security settings
2. In the window that appears, add yourself in the Access list and check all the items you need.
3. Make sure you also check "Subscribe to my Notifications".
Figure 2 - Subscribing to notifications
4. Click OK to save the settings.
5. Log in into your own mailbox.
Figure 3 - Mailbox login
6. Click the Proxy button and add the user you would like to Proxy to your list.
Now you can read, write, etc., all the items you selected previously.
7. To get notifications for the proxy users items, go to Tools > Options and select Security.
Figure 4 - Enabling proxy notifications
8. Click the Notify tab.
9. In the window that appears, add the proxy user you would like to receive notifications from.
10. Make sure the checkboxes under Notify options are checked.
Figure 5 - Enabling Notify options
11. Click OK to save the settings.
Now you will receive an notify if your proxy user receives an e-mail (make sure your GroupWise notify is running).
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com