BrainStorm Cool Tip: Downloading from a Digital Camera in SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 8 Dec 2006
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downloading from a Digital Camera in SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
To capture your holiday pics, you'll need to set your SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop to recognize your camera and automatically download the photos. Here's a tip to show you how:
- Click the Computer menu .
- Click Control Center.
- Select Removable Drives and Media.
- Click the Cameras tab.
- Check the box next to Digital Camera.
- Click Close.
- Connect a digital camera and power it on.
- Click Import Photos from the dialog that appears.
- Select the photos you wish to import.
- Click Copy.
- Click OK.
- If you want to import more photos while your camera is still connected, select File | Import from the application importing the pictures, then select your camera from the drop-down list.
To see a flash demonstration of this tip, click here.
For more Web- and Flash-based instructor-led tutorials on how to use SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop features, check out the SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 Computer-Based Training from BrainStorm, Inc.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com