Solving Error -614 in ConsoleOne / BorderManager
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By mark mathieson
Digg This -
Posted: 20 Dec 2006
When you try to configure BorderManager 3.8 in ConsoleOne, the following error may appear, and the configuration changes may not take effect:
BSCOV ... Unable to Update NDS attributes (-614)
1. In ConsoleOne, go to the NCP server running BorderManager.
2. Go to the "Other" tab and locate the attribute "BRDSRVS: Timestamp".
3. Open it to verify that duplicate timestamp entries exist. If they do, you will not be able to delete the entries.
4. Instead, remove the entire Attribute.
5. Click Apply, then OK.
6. Re-open the object to verify that it has been removed correctly.
7. Update a rule in BorderManager for this server and click Apply. This will force the creation of a new Timestamp Attribute, and the rules will now update successfully.
This was addressed in TID 2953710, but the stated fix there does not appear to work on NetWare 6.5 SP5. The utility provided in the TID generates an error "AttachByAddress, Error= 12" and does not remove the duplicate Timestamps.
BorderManager 3.8 on NetWare 6.5 SP5
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com