BrainStorm Cool Tip: Sending Existing Recurring Appointments to New Hires
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 12 Dec 2006
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing email@example.com.
You sent that recurring office meeting appointment two years ago, but now you have a few new people in the office. Here's a tip from BrainStorm, Inc. to help you painlessly send recurring appointments to new hires.
1. Select the appointment you wish to send in either the week or day calendar view.
2. Click the Delegate button.
3. Click All Instances.
4. Enter the new hires' addresses in the To field.
5. Delete all "-Delegated" tags.
6. Click Send.
7. When the dialog asks if you wish to keep the original item, click Yes.
Delegating the appointment instead of resending it also lets you keep track of who has received the appointment. Just right-click the appointment and select Properties to view the users the appointment was sent to initially and the names of those the appointment was delegated to.
(Click the play button below to see a flash demonstration of this tip.)