Combining Info from Messages and Attachments
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Anita K. Moore
Digg This -
Posted: 2 Jan 2007
A user receives input from two co-workers in two different e-mails. In one e-mail, the information is in the actual email, and in the other email the information is in the attachment. This information needs to be copied and sent in the format as each author has written it.
The recipient needs to copy the email, the first email, and the attachment, from the second email, to send to the requesting party.
The steps below will allow you to quickly copy this information as described above.
1. If your GroupWise is maximized, restore it so that you can see a part of your desktop.
2. Open a New Mail item by clicking on the Create New Mail button or going to File, New, Mail. Restore the New Mail item if necessary.
3. Move the New Mail item over so that you can see your Item List.
4. Open the e-mail with the needed attachment and move it over so that you can see your Item List (list of e-mails) and New Mail item.
5. Drag the needed e-mail (the first email) from the Item List into the attachment area of the New Mail item and drop it. It is now attached to the New Mail item.
6. Drag the attachment from the second e-mail to the attachment area of the New Mail item and drop it. It is now attached to the New Mail item, too.
7. Fill out the To and Message fields and click on the Send button to send the e-mail to the appropriate person/people.
Note: This is most useful with a large number of e-mails and/or attachments. The original e-mails and/or attachments will also remain in GroupWise in their original format.
- GroupWise versions 6.5.1 and 6.5.3. I believe it also works with versions 5 and 188.8.131.52.
- Windows versions 95, 98 and XP.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com