Making a Home View from a Proxy User's Calendar
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Jim Michael
Digg This -
Posted: 16 Jan 2007
A Forum reader recently asked:
"Is it possible to make a Home View panel from a user's calendar I have proxy rights to?"
And here's the response from Jim Michael ...
Yes it is possible, but definitely not obvious. Here's how it's done:
1. Click the drop-down arrow on the upper right of an existing panel and choose Add Panel.
2. Click New Panel and give it an appropriate name, such as "Boss calendar."
3. Click the More Display Settings button.
4. In the View By drop-down, click Calendar.
5. Under Calendar Views, choose Multiuser.
6. Check any options you want on this screen as well. You will likely want to increase the days to look out ahead, for example.
7. Click OK. You should then be prompted to pick a user from the address book that you want the multiuser calendar to point at.
That's it! You should now have a panel you can add to your home view that shows another proxied calendar.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com