BrainStorm Cool Tip: Connect to a VPN Using SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 18 Jan 2007
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Connect to a VPN Using SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
With the proper information from your system administrator, connecting to a VPN with SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop is easy. Here's a tip to show you how
- Click the network icon in the bottom panel.
- Select VPN Connections.
- Select Configure VPN.
- Select Add.
- On the assistant that appears, click Forward.
- Choose the VPN client that you wish to user to connect and click Forward.
- Type a Connection name.
- Enter the IP address you received from your system administrator under Gateway.
- Select a connection type.
- Browse for and enter the required information according to the connection type you chose and using the information from your system administrator.
- Click forward to view a summary screen describing your connection.
- Make sure all this information is correct.
- Click Apply and Close.
- To connect to the VPN, click the Network icon and choose the listed connection.
To see a flash demonstration of this tip, go to http://www.brainstorminc.com/images/stories/tips/sled10/100setupvpn.swf.
For more Web- and Flash-based instructor-led tutorials on how to use SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop features, check out the SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 Computer-Based Training from BrainStorm, Inc.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com