Restoring Single Appointments
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Tommy Mikkelsen
Digg This -
Posted: 13 Feb 2007
A Forum reader recently asked:
"I have a user in GroupWise 7.0.1, running XP and connecting to a 7.0.1 post office. Yesterday a secretary with proxy access added an appointment to her schedule (she does this regularly). Now all appointments (hundreds) are gone. She uses this heavily, as I can tell from looking into her archive. Any clues how I could restore these items? I did reset her GroupWise options in ConsoleOne to be sure it was not a filter or something causing this."
And here's the response from Tommy Mikkelsen ...
If they are Group appointments, or a mix, then grab your backup tapes and restore.
If the items are not group appointments, there's no need to restore the complete PO. Instead, try this:
1. Grab a backup of the user's database.
2. Shut down the POA and rename the user's database to user>fid>.org
3. Put in the restored database.
4. Power up the POA.
5. Log in.
6. Do a search for appointments.
7. In the find window, press Ctrl+A and then right-click to archive them.
8. Archive all new mails in the mean time.
9. Shut down the POA.
10. Put back the org database.
11. Power up the POA.
12. Log in as the user and dearchive the messages and appointments.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com