Importing Address Book Info into Excel
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Markus Bloechl
Digg This -
Posted: 20 Feb 2007
How do you get the address information from all your business contacts into an application such as Microsoft Excel to use for a mailing? You enter so much information in GroupWise, there's got to be a way to export the information for use in other applications.
Here's the best way I've found ...
1. Open GW Addressbook.
2. Choose the desired Address Book.
3. Select File > Export.
4. Choose the desired option (whole AB or selected entries).
5. Save to a *.NAB file at the desired location.
6. Open Miocrosoft Excel.
7. Create a new sheet.
8. Select Data > Import external data > Import data (these menu items my vary - I've just transated them from German excel).
9. Find and select your saved *.NAB file to open (select 'All Files (*.*)' as filetype!)
The text conversion wizard/assistant pops up (if installed).
10. Run through that wizard with your options.
You're done! All tre contacts are listed in your Excel spreadsheet, ready for further processing.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com