Preventing the UID from Displaying in the eGuide Details Page
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Andrey Karyagin
Digg This -
Posted: 14 Mar 2007
A Forum reader recently asked:
"Is there a way to prevent the UID from displaying on the Details page? If I unselect UID from the LDAP Data Sources (Attributes), it also removes UID from the list of "User Authentication key" options. This prevents a user from being able to log in to eGuide, since the UID is no longer on the list of user authentication keys."
And here's the response from Andrei Karyagin ...
Yes, there is another way! To accomplish this task you should do the following:
1. Locate the uihandlers.xml file in your eGuide install path. For Win32, this is:
2. Add <attribute-name>UID</attribute-name> string to the MSV Hidden section. In my case it's string number 204.
The whole MSV Hidden section should look like follows:
<!-- ATTRIBUTE : MSV Hidden --> <ui-attribute-handler> <id>MSVHidden</id> <attribute-name>USERPASSWORD</attribute-name> <attribute-name>CN</attribute-name> <attribute-name>PHOTOAGREE</attribute-name> <attribute-name>UID</attribute-name> <class-name>com.novell.eguide.handler.DefaultDataHandler</class-name> <client>browser</client> <client>pocket</client> <client>phone</client> <multi-valued-enabled/> <single-valued-enabled/> <read-write-enabled/> <read-only-enabled/> <default/> <display-name-key>Hidden Attribute</display-name-key> <resource-properties-file>eguideresources</resource-properties-file> <description> <Associated attributes are hidden. This is useful when you want to use the attribute in the 'detail.xsl' document, but not to display the attribute in the list. If you don't need the attribute at all, you should completely disable the attribute instead of using this handler.</description> </ui-attribute-handler>
3. Restart both Apache and Tomcat
4. Log in to eGuide administration page as administrator.
5. Select LDAP Data Sources.
6. Click Edit and select Attributes > UID.
7. Select Enable, then More Options > Hidden Attribute.
8. Click Save, then Close, then Save.
9. Log out from the eGuide administration page.
10. Restart both Apache and Tomcat once again, just to be sure.
11. If neccessary, configure eGuide to use the UID as a User Authentication Key.
12. Login to eGuide as a regular user and verify your current setup.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com