Uninstalling eDirectory 8.7.3 Patches in Windows
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Mada Sailaja
Digg This -
Posted: 18 Apr 2007
In Windows 2k3 SP1 or Windows 2000 SP4, removal of eDirectory 8.7.3 or 8.8 can be done from Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. But to remove 8.7.3 or 8.8 patches, there is no remove option in Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
Note: This solution uses the example of removing the 220.127.116.11 Support Pack.
1. Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
2. Click on Novell eDirectory 8.7.3 (Patch).
3. Click the link that says "Click here for support information" (see figure below).
Figure 1 - Support information link (Larger image)
The support information says that to remove this patch, you need to re-run the installation that was used to install it and select Remove.
Figure 2 - Support information displayed (Larger image)
4. Go to the folder where you have 8739 Support Pack build and re-run eDir8739_Win32.exe.
Figure 3 - Re-running the Support Pack install (Larger image)
5. Select Remove and click Next to completely remove the 8739 patch.
Figure 3 - Removing the 8379 patch (Larger image)
After following these removal steps, the 8739 Support Pack will not be present in Add/Remove Programs.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com