BrainStorm Cool Tip: Customize Your Electronic Business Card
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 15 May 2007
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing email@example.com.
GroupWise can automatically generate an electronic business card you can attach to your messages to make it easier for recipients to import your contact information, but your automatically generated card might not include all the info you want to send. Here's a tip from to help you customize your vCard and set up your signature to automatically attach it.
To edit your automatically generated vCard:
1. Click the Address Book button to open your address book.
2. Select your GroupWise system address book usually labeled "Novell GroupWise Address Book."
3. Right-click on the entry that displays your name and email address.
4. Select Export.
5. From the Save as type drop-down list, select *VCF.
6. Name your file and save it in an appropriate location.
7. Browse to the .vcf file you just saved and open it with a text editor, such as Notepad.
8. Make any changes to the contact information in the file.
9. Save and close the file.
To automatically attach the edited vCard:
1. Select Tools | Options.
2. Double-click the Environment icon.
3. Click the Signature tab.
4. Check the box next to Electronic business card (vCard).
5. In the file selection box below the option, browse to the vCard file you edited and saved.
6. Click OK and Close.
(Click the play button below to see a flash demonstration of this tip.)
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com