Transforming the Home Directory Attribute
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 13 Jun 2007
A Forum reader recently asked:
"I am after a simple solution that transforms Home Directory attribute from eDir-to-eDir. I want to change ServerName and VolumeName in the Home Dir attribute. For example:
NWServer1\Volume:users\sosmani --> NewNWServer1\newVolume:users\sosmani
And here's the response from Father Ramon ...
The easiest way would be to manually establish associations between the Volume objects involved. IDM would then automatically take care of the mapping.
To do this,
1. Generate some unique value (uuidgen and guidgen work well for this).
2. Go to the Volume object in iManager and then go to the Identity Manager | Association tab ( Identity Manager | Inspector tab in IDM 3.5).
3. Add a new association, selecting your eDir driver as the driver object and pasting in the unique value for the Association Object ID.
4. Go to the corresponding Volume object in the other tree and do the same using the same unique value.
5. Repeat whole process for each Volume object pair.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com