ZENworks Configuration Management now in Public Beta
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 20 Jun 2007
Ready to have a little fun? Roll up your sleeves and test the beta version of ZENworks Configuration Management, which is the next generation of ZENworks (replacing ZENworks Desktops Management, aka ZENworks for Desktops, as the standalone desktop management product). We think you'll love how it revolutionizes the way you manage your Windows desktops. Here's what you'll find:
- Accelerated time-to-value: Up and running in less than 30 minutes
- Vista-ready management: Manage all your Windows desktops, including Vista
- Accurate asset discovery and reporting: Prepare for upgrades, determine device locations and meet compliance reporting requirements
- Integrated patching and remediation: Streamline patching from the same console and agent using our award-winning patch management solution
- Role-based administration: Grant administration privileges by enterprise department, group or job functionality
- Best in class reporting: Includes the power of Business Object XI reporting for access to the information you need.
- Dynamic identity integration: Natively connect to multiple repositories, including Active Directory and Novell eDirectory
- Task-based system monitoring: User-friendly dashboard to monitor systems, deployments and configuration changes
About ZENworks Configuration Management
There's a wealth of information available on the ZENworks Configuration Management product page, so start there to learn more about it. Also, check out these two excellent articles from Novell Connection Magazine that give detailed insights into how the product works and how to use it:
- psst -- It's Almost Here
Significant changes are coming with the next major release of ZENworks: things that are very different from earlier versions, yet still deliver the same solid value you have come to trust with your present ZENworks solutions. In this Novell Connection Magazine article, Ron Tanner digs into this new ZENworks product and discusses what is different, describes the exciting new features that are coming, which you've been asking for, and gives you some tips to help your transition to this new version.
Read the Article >
- Deploying Vista With Next Generation ZENworks
We are fast approaching the release of the next generation of ZENworks. This revolutionary release of ZENworks will see the introduction of a lot of new features, including a new three-tier Web-services architecture. This architecture allows us to integrate the many existing components of ZENworks (desktop management, server management, handheld management, Linux management, asset management, etc.,) into one product, making it easier for you to deploy and turn on new features to support your heterogeneous environment. That includes the latest release of Windows Vista. In this Novell Connection Magazine article, Mark Schouls details how to use ZENworks Configuration Management to deploy Vista.
Read the Article >
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com