Changing a Name while Still Using an Old Email Address
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Wally Frist
Digg This -
Posted: 24 Jul 2007
The Name Change - Life After Marriage ...
Somebody got married and changed her last name. MarriedWoman also wants to keep her original email address so she doesn't loose contacts.
After performing a normal name change in NDS and GroupWise, add an alias.
1. Go to the Properties of "MarriedWoman".
Figure 1 - Properties of MarriedWoman
2. On the GroupWise tab, select Gateway Aliases and click Add.
Figure 2 - Gateway Aliases
3. Click the Gateway Alias Type button.
Figure 3 - Create Alias dialog
4. Select the Domain and Gateway Alias Type, which is probably your GWIA or SMTP gateway.
Figure 4 - Selecting the GroupWise object
5. Add the old email address - "SingleWoman@Somewhere.Something"
Figure 5 - Creating the alias
Now the MarriedWoman can still receive email for SingleWoman, although this might not be good for MarriedMan. ;-)
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com