Restoring GroupWise without an NDS Backup
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Tommy Mikkelsen
Digg This -
Posted: 20 Nov 2007
A Forum reader recently asked:
"My server crashed, and I am having to do a complete rebuild. Looking at my backups, my sys volume was backed up (including my POs and database files), but my Novell Director (NDS) was not. Is there a way that I can save my e-mails and import them into my rebuilt server?"
And here's the reply from Tommy Mikkelsen ...
1. Create a new NDS/eDirectory.
2. Restore your GroupWise Structure to the *DATA* volume of the server.
3. Install the needed agents from the latest SP of the GroupWise version you are using, including extending NDS/eDirectory.
4. Connect from ConsoleOne to the Domain.
5. Create an OU in NDS/eDir, and select that.
6. Right-click on the created OU and select "GW..Utils/GW-eDir Acc/Graft GW Obj"
Look here for details:http://www.novell.com/documentation/gw65/index.html?page=/documentation/gw65/gw65_admin/data/a3n2jfk.html#adpbggx
Go get a backup solution that allows you to make a reliable backup of your NDS/eDirectory.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com