Adding eGuide from OES1 to OES2
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Alan Pearson
Digg This -
Posted: 28 Nov 2007
You may be missing eGuide on OES2.
It's quite easy to get it moved from your OES1 Linux server to OES 2. The steps are:
1. Copy all the files in /var/opt/novell/tomcat4/webapps/eGuide on the OES1 server to /var/opt/novell/tomcat5/webapps/eGuide on the OES2 server. If it is the same server, possibly post-upgrade, then simply run:
ln -s /var/opt/novell/eGuide /var/opt/novell/tomcat5/webapps/eGuide
For some reason, when I upgraded my OES1 server to OES2, there was a JAR file missing in the eGuide webapp post upgrade (I told the upgrade to keep eGuide). The file /var/opt/novell/eGuide/WEB-INF/lib/ldapjdk.jar wasn't there, post-upgrade. So,
2. You can get the file from another OES1 server, re-install the OES1 eGuide RPM, or download eGuide from novell.com and get the file from it. In any case, make sure that /var/opt/novell/eGuide/WEB-INF/lib/ldapjdk.jar exists.
3. Edit the file /etc/opt/novell/httpd/conf.d/eGuide-apache.conf and change all references to tomcat4 to tomcat5 in all paths.
4. In the same file, comment out this line:
JkMount /eGuide/servlet/* ajp13
and replace it with this:
ProxyPass /eGuide/servlet/ ajp://localhost:9009/eGuide/servlet/
5. Add these lines to the file:
<Location "/eGuide/servlet"> Allow from all </Location>
6. Restart Apache and Tomcat:
rcapache2 restart rcnovell-tomcat5 restart
eGuide should work just as happily as it ever did!
OES 2 Linux / SLES 10 SP1
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com